Guys, I’m getting really creative with these blog post titles, aren’t I?!
Anyways, it’s Wednesday evening, it’s snowing and I maybe totally skipped my workout to bake cookies, drink beer and eat homemade potato soup. To be fair, I had a headache and I was hungry so it wasn’t going to be a good workout even if I hadn’t skipped out. I’m sure it was the right decision because I’m suddenly feeling inspired to write a post made of long-winded numbered points.
Cookie-fueled writing inspiration>runner’s high. Sometimes at least.
Please enjoy previously mentioned long-winded numbered point section.
1. Like I said, there was homemade potato soup on the menu tonight. This soup, to be exact. It is not the first time we’ve made it. It is delicious. Joey has decided to adapt it into “our favorite soup recipe ever” and has been talking about how to do this all.night.long. Help.
2. I bought the Alabama Shakes CD aaaaaand, that is some soul music! It’s a little bit Adele and it’s a little bit Amy Winehouse, but then it’s its own unique thing too. I’m not quite sure, but I think I really like it.
3. Cookies. From a box. That I found in the very very back of my baking shelf. And might be over a year old. But taste amazing!
4. We’re completely caught up on Parenthood and for the two days before we started another TV series, my life felt so empty and meaningless. We have since started Six Feet Under. I had no idea Peter Krause was in this show too. I’m not sold just yet but I have high hopes (and a bunch of 10/10 ratings on IMDB) that assure me I’ll love it.
5. Are you aware of how much a quality Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet costs?? Don’t even look.
6. This is exactly how I feel about the Harlem Shake.
7. Joey had flowers delivered to me on Valentine’s Day and they were… a little worse for the wear. One angry phone call and three days later, new flowers were delivered. They look much better.
8. I’ve had that “is my throat dry or sore?” feeling since Saturday and I’m trying my hardest to convince myself it’s the former. Although if it does end up being a cold, I’ll continue to live like a normal person instead of acting like it’s the end of the world, because I’m a female and that’s what we do.
9. I told my sister I would read over her paper on Edgar Allen Poe’s “The Tell-Tale Heart” and I was all too excited to read the original story first. How awesome is Poe? Did you know he also wrote detective stories? Guesses on how many times I will offer to take my sister’s lit class for her before the semester is over.
10. Is it Friday yet? My nephew’s birthday party, dinner in Denver for Denver Restaurant Week, hopefully some beer brewing and the Academy Awards this weekend! Someone’s psyched and that someone is me.
What’s going on in your life?
What’s the last album you bought?
All-time favorite TV show?