10 Things from This Weekend:
1. Friday. Did I mention we went into work immediately afterwards? I was deliriously tired by the time we got into bed… at 4:30 PM… Only to wake up at 7, eat dinner and go back to bed.
2. Another trip to our very favorite place…Ikea! We’re old pros by now and know how to cut all the corners and weave through the crowd to get where we need to be. In and out in less than an hour, I’ll take it!
3. Our room is so dang close to being done. Our wardrobe is finally completely put together and we LOVE it. All we need is something to put above our bed — there’s a big picture hanging on the wall across from it and our wardrobe has two GIANT mirror doors so I’m at a loss for what to put up there! — and new blinds/curtains and voila, it’ll be done.
4. We went for a run on Saturday afternoon after taking a week and a half off and I felt like my lungs were going to explode. I’m all about feeling wiped out after a run because I really pushed myself but not so into being wiped out because I feel out of shape. Help.
5. Saturday night dinner with our friends Bobby and Becca to celebrate Bobby’s birthday, which was last weekend. We were just about to pay $5 to park when a car on the side of the street left and we nabbed it. Score!
6. Pancake Sunday! Okay, so lately I’ve just been making these for Pancake Sunday because they’re so easy and we both love them but I decided to make an effort and do something different this week… Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes! They stuck to our griddle so bad. C’est la vie.
7. The Cowboys won. I couldn’t care less, but our household is generally a happier place when they win.
8. I went on yet another run and felt even worse than I did on Saturday. I think I walked at least half of the distance. What the heck?
9. I felt like I spent so much time in the kitchen this weekend, making this on Saturday afternoon, the aforementioned pancakes Sunday morning and this (only muffin version) on Sunday evening. I roped Joey into cooking us dinner because I just didn’t think I could stand to cook another thing.
10. I adore Sundays. Whether it’s staying in and getting prepared for the week ahead or totally ignoring all those “responsibilities” for one last hurrah before Monday comes, they just make me feel happy. Plus I love the ritual of Sunday night TV. Amazing Race for the win!