1. Make an unplanned doctors appointment on the first day of the work week. Don’t worry, I’m fine.
2. Make an unnecessary trip into Boulder because you HAVE to see the ornament you painted immediately.
3. Make a grandiose list of things to do before vacation.
4. Spend Tuesday evening dining with your family instead of tending to said list.
5. Return home and park it in front of the Victoria Secret Fashion Show, again, instead of tending to said list. Subsequently, feel your beach body is inadequate.
6. Only tend to the fun parts of getting ready for vacation, i.e. manicures and pedicures with your best friend. Laundry can wait.
7. Spend the bulk of the night before you leave, out eating pizza. What laundry?
8. Cram any and everything else you need to do before leaving into the hours between 10 PM and 3 AM. Oh and don’t forget sleep. Sleep needs to fit in there too.
Anyways, as you’re reading this I am doing one of the following:
A. Boarding a plane
B. Taking an epic nap on the beach
C. Sitting poolside, tropical drink in hand
D. Gloating because I’m in Jamaica
Or E, all of the above.
I’m going to pretend Christmas won’t be a week away when we get home and that I still haven’t finished shopping. And you can pretend you don’t wish you were in Jamaica too.
Have a great weekend!