Raise your hand if the very first thing you do when you get home from work is change into your pajamas? Winter gets a bad rap because of that whole sunset at 4 PM thing but, controversial opinion: I kind of love it because it feels 100% right to go into “cozy mode” as soon as you get home.
And the only thing that can make “cozy mode” feel even cozier is sipping on a nighttime peppermint hot chocolate. But because we’re trying to maximize couch/TV/hiding under a blanket time, it’s gotta be fast and easy and this recipe right here is it!
Super Simple Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use soy because I think it’s creamier than almond and creamy is really what we’re going for here)
- 2 pieces good dark chocolate (I use two squares of Chocolove Strong Dark Chocolate)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Place chocolate pieces and peppermint extract in a mug.
- Heat milk over high until hot but not boiling.
- Pour milk over chocolate/peppermint mixture and stir until melted and creamy.
Guys, I was hesitant because I didn’t use a sweetener and was worried it might be bitter but this was SO GOOD! I made one for Joey and he concurred. Highly recommended to sip one as you watch While You Were Sleeping with just the lights of the Christmas tree on.
Let’s make this our new winter weeknight routine, okay?!