- A $15 (?!?!) jar of coconut peanut butter. Let this be a lesson to us all to check prices before making spontaneous purchases at the airport. Though I did try some this morning, and it may be worth the price. Maybe.
- A renewed sense of adventure. Sometimes I think I know myself pretty well, but then I’m pleasantly surprised to discover I’m not as shy or indecisive or scared as I think I am. I was kind of nervous to bike down a volcano, fly in a helicopter and sit through two seven hour plane rides, but you know what? None of that ended up being scary and those first two were actually really fun!
- A billion pictures. Of gross things like beach sunsets, colorful plates of food and humpback whales 🙂 Seriously going to have so many memories of this trip and all the wonderful things I did with some of my favorite people.
- Some coffee INdependency. Traveling makes me anxious. Coffee makes me extra anxious. I decided not to combine those two things and GET THIS I felt calm as could be, slept better and was actually in control of my emotions. I mean I still brought home some Hawaiian coffee beans, but whatever.
- So much love and appreciation for a different state/culture. And a Pacific island could not be more different from my landlocked snowy mountainous home state. From the food, to the traditions, to the history, to the wildlife, I learned SO much about Hawaii and it was all so interesting. I think I was much more receptive to all that learning than I was last time I was in Hawaii, at the god-awful ungrateful age of 16.
A tan. HA HA, okay I can’t even go any further with that joke.