Did you know, as of this very month, the Academy Awards have been “re-branded” as The Oscars? I had no idea! Moving on.
Academy Award Oscar Predictions:
1. Seth MacFarlane will actually be a really funny host. Totally basing this on his hilarious SNL hosting performance. Funny or not, I’ll probably just be thinking that he looks like Peter Brady the whole time.
2. Someone will wear/do something that we all talk about/make fun of for days. Hey Angelina Jolie, we’re still laughing at your awkward leg pose from last year. Or I am at least.
3. I will finally know how to pronounce Quvenzhané. As in Quvenzhané Wallis. As if I needed to clarify that, because Quvenzhané is such a common name, ya know?
4. Anna Karenina will get no Academy Award love. And I will be bitter and resentful about it. Loved that movie.
5. I will not recognize a single movie in any of the short, documentary or foreign language categories. Will someone who watches these please tell me if I’m missing out.
6. The In Memoriam segment will be long. I won’t know 80% of the people being recognized. Despite all this, it will be moving and beautifully done. As always.
7. Adele will win for Original Song and be totally shocked because she has still, even after all the Grammys and the Golden Globes and the screams of adoring fans, yet to realize how amazing and loved she is by anyone with a pair of working ears.
8. No one’s speech will be as funny as any of the speeches given at the Golden Globes. You know, because everyone will be sober instead of drinking at their table all night long. How boring.
9. Daniel Day-Lewis will win for Best Actor. Totally going out on a limb with this one because he hasn’t really won for anything else. Sarcasm.
10. Argo will pull the rug out from under Lincoln and win Best Picture. Actually, I’m not sure if that’s what I predict will happen or if that’s what I want to happen. If Ben Affleck is going to get snubbed as director, the least the Academy could do is give the win to his movie.
Will you be watching the Oscars tomorrow?
How many of the Best Picture nominated movies did you see?
What are your Oscar predictions?
2 thoughts on “10 Oscar Predictions”
I LOVE the Oscars. The fashion, the sense of film history, the overly long and teary speeches. The best. I’m usually really good about trying to see most of the best picture nominees, but ever since they bumped up the number of nominees from 5 to 10ish, I’ve sort of given up on that front. I think I only saw two of the nominees- Zero Dark Thirty and Argo. Btw, I totally agree with you about Argo winning best picture. It will. Happy viewing! 🙂
How was Zero Dark Thirty? I thought I saw a good amount of the nominees but I guess I only saw half. Let’s go, Argo!