Because Friday calls for a post made up of random blurbs about my life, right?
1. It’s World Sleep Day! Or something like that. Who can keep track of these “National Day” holidays anyways? But, a few words on sleep. My sleep to be exact. I love the idea of sleep but in actuality, I am a crazy vivid dreamer and often wake up feeling like my brain was working overtime creating dream details instead of resting. Wah wah!
2. Our Crate and Barrel kitchen island came in on Wednesday! Which means: A) We can toss the gross old table we’ve been using as a mock island since we moved into the house B) More space to organize our overcrowded kitchen drawers and cupboards and B) My mom can stop asking “so where are you going to put the island?” every time she comes over 😛
3. I’m a mere 100 pages into Rick Steves’ book on Provence and feel flustered about all the information already. I’m starting to think it might be better for me to not know anything about France.
4. After 3 days of fabulously warm weather and 3 straight days of outdoor runs, it snowed. Like big fat wet snowflakes! The next day it was sunny with no sign of there having been snow the day before. Must be spring in Colorado!
5. Joey’s birthday is next month and I am already hounding him about where
I he would like to go for dinner to celebrate. I think we both realize that this is more for me than for him… but hey, there’s food and I’m paying so he better just gratefully accept.
6. I was half an hour late to work on Wednesday because Joey and I were so caught up in watching a high speed car chase on the news. The guy hijacked a car with a 4-year-old sitting inside, eventually ditched that car, hijacked another, drove the wrong way on the highway, hijacked yet another car, crashed, then tried to make a run for it before the cops closed in on him. It was insane!
7. I walked to get coffee on Thursday morning. As in, the coffee shop is so close I can walk there! For some reason, this just makes me so so happy.
8. My mom invited me to dinner with she and my sister on Thursday night. We ate smoked mozzarella pizza (omg!), decided on dates for our girls only trip to Santa Fe in a few months and answered the age of old question, “Should we get ice cream?”
9. The answer was obviously yes. This is the “tiny” size and yeah, that’s a pretty accurate description.
10. It’s Pi Day and Friday, which means extra happiness! Enjoy 🙂
One thought on “Friday Randoms”
So really, where are you going to put that island? Sorry, just couldn’t resist.